March 2, 2010

Photography Week 1


One of the talented bloggers I follow, Meredith, posted last week about a 12 week photgraphy lesson.  Even though my camera situation is not ideal--that will be remedied soon!--I decided to participate.  I'm going to post pictures that I took today during the awesome snow fall that resulted in zero--zilch--nada--accumulation.  Seriously, it has been snowing all day, and there is nothing to show for it.  Pathetic really.  But oh so pretty.  The flakes are so big and fluffy.  Too bad my lackluster photos failed to capture the beauty.  Perhaps because my skills are lacking?  Perhaps because I took the pictures through my office window?  Or perhaps because I need a new camera!!!  (which is going to happen soon...very soon!!)

Anyway, here are my pictures that do not in anyway demonstrate the first lesson, aperture, at all.  (I was trying to capture just how BIG the flakes were!)  For great aperture examples, check out Meredith's post--and the posts linked to hers!



4 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that's a ton of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Meredith--but none of it stuck to the ground. It was crazy!

    I'll have my new camera soon--I can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My coworker just bought her daughter the SX20 so she'd have something to upgrade to in the long run. She's taken a lot of great pictures with it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented back to you on mine but here it is on yours too - Have you tried changing the exposure and/or the ISO? I think I used auto for ISO and it was at an 80. It was bright outside. I did change my exposure a bit and it was -1/3.

    ReplyDelete