April 16, 2010

Keeping It Real--the Twitter Home Tour

So, some Twitter friends of mine came up with an awesome idea...


I wanted to participate...I really did.  But with the week I've had, there was no way this house of mine was going to be presentable.  So I resigned myself to the fact that I would not be showing off my house.  And then I started looking at pictures of everyone's gorgeous homes, and I thought to myself "screw it."  Show them how you really live.  So...here you go.  Pictures of my house in it's current state.  Please don't judge... 



The spare bedroom--aka The Mister's dumping grounds

My corner of the spare bedroom


The Mister's bathroom--we don't share.  You'll see why.  Also, we do have a bath mat--it's just in the washer.  I really do clean!

The master bedroom--library books, lampshade askew, glasses stacked up, and Liquid Plumr.  What?  You don't keep Liquid Plumr in your bedroom??

Another view of the master.

The smallest master bath ever.  I put the seat down for y'all.  See that glass doorknob?  They are on every door--my favorite things in the whole house.

Super boring hallway

The living room.  Where we hang out with our laptops, drink wine &/or beer &/or Firefly, and watch TV

Another living room view

Our dining room...or where crap goes to die.

The table is or communal dumping ground.  And yes, that's my winter coat sitting out that I haven't worn in 3 weeks.

Our kitchen.  Love our kitchen.  We redid it when the mister bought the house.  Love it!

Another kitchen view

And the weirdest room in our house.  It's a laundry room, with a half bath.  And it's large.  Whatever--it has
room for four drying racks--woo hoo!


So, there you have it!  Our house, exactly as it is right now.  Maybe I'll clean next weekend...maybe. :-)


14 comments:

  1. Love the kitchen and love the living room... so cozy! Also, you can not even compete for smallest master bath ever... did you not see mine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bedroom color!!! Add some wainscoting to the hallway, it would jazz it up big time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should be friends. I also think our glass doorknobs are one of the best features in our house AND I love Firefly. Love your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your kitchen is amazing! I love it! Also im jealous you at least have two bathrooms, we only have one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kitchen & jealous of your laundry room! Great comfy looking couch too! We just have a closet off the eat in kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looks so comfy and so inviting! I loved the lived in look, it's what a makes a house a home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap, I love your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your living room and kitchen. As for the dining room, we do the exact same thing of dumping everything and anything there.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm SO glad someone posted a house that looks like they live in it! Mommy loves you! Our dining room table is also "where crap goes to die" and our master bedroom is home to laundry mountain...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have so much space! Lovely home... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that wasn't bad at all! I was expecting some crazy mess! :) Very nice home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love ur home, the dinning room is great! ur a sport. Good job! do visit my home at www.beingzaraandzidan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man! That kitchen is fantastic! Cute house! :)

    ReplyDelete