April 5, 2010

The One Where NoStylePoints and Alena29 and TheNextMartha Inspired Me

As you all know by now, I do not have children.  And I may never have children.  And that's OK.  Maybe I'm not strong enough.  I know I'm not as strong as Adrienne Jones.  She is an amazing woman, raising a beautiful child fighting bipolar disease.  I admire her strength and determintaion to bring this disease to public attention and do something about it.  If you see fit, please go here to help her fight.  The wonderful company, The Little Bean, is donating $2 from the sale of every coffee, tea, cocoa, and chai product through their website--amazing!  Please support this wonderful company and Adrienne's important cause--or at least spread the word.

Thank you Alena29 and TheNextMartha, for inspiring me to write this post, and for bringing Adrienne's plight to the forefront of my Twitter feeds.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for writing this. Mental illness is such a complicated matter in adults let alone growing children. I would have never thought that so many people would reach out. You are one of the reasons I love the internet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I know it's cheesy, but I'm gonna say it: people like you, doing things like this? Totally restoring my faith in humanity.

    From my toes, thank you.

    ReplyDelete