March 12, 2010

Photography Week One: Revisited





Since I've got my new camera, I went back to Week One, as described here on Meredith's blog, and played with aperture/f-stop.  My camera only goes from 2.8 to 8, so I used 3 examples--2.8, 4.5 and 8.  I think the difference between 2.8 and 4.5 is noticeable, but the difference between 4.5 and 8 is negligible.  What do y'all think?

Also--how do I get my pics bigger without them being cut off by my blog layout??



f-stop 2.8
























f-stop 4.5
























f-stop 8

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I know! I know! You need a "photography blog" layout! It allows you to make your pictures huge because there is no sidebar. Your sidebar is at the bottom. My blog...while not a photography blog...uses that layout. I really love it! But you have to be willing to give up your right sidebar, which took some convincing for me! If you are interested, I recommend Jennisa from www.onceuponablog.org She did my layout and is great about answering all sorts of bloggy questions!

    For what its worth, I think your pics up above look GREAT! I think my favorite is the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, but I LOVE that mug!!!!! :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete